There are people who buy art purely for its aesthetic value and there’s nothing wrong with it. There are some who value the quality of art by its price and there’s nothing wrong with it as well.
I, however, encourage everyone to bring buy original artwork for sale online because there you can purchase different varieties from different nations.
Discover its story – what is the artist’s motivation? What emotions are being expressed or is it just a beautiful doodling piece? Is he trying to say something or invoke certain thoughts? Perhaps you’ll find a factor that clicks with you!
Here are ten questions to ask when seeing work for the first time.
1. How does it make me feel?
2. Do I understand it?
3. Does it remind me of something else I have seen?
4. What do I think the artist is trying to express
5. Do I like it?
6. Do I want to know more about it?
7. Do I want to see more art by this artist?
8. Would I recommend seeing this art to friends?
9. Do I want to own this art?
10. What do I know about this gallery?
We hope this gives you a good idea of how to select good wall paintings. Don’t be fooled by galleries out to make a quick sale!
Lastly, if it’s your first time looking at art, you may consider buying art online at affordable rates. Some websites provide you with full artist profiles and are extremely safe and transparent.