Personal injury refers to an injury to your body, emotions or mind but not to your property. For example, if you fall in a grocery store by slipping on a banana peel, a personal injury would refer to your physical harm, that is, bruises or broken leg but not to the damage to your watch.
A Personal Injury Lawsuit is basically a legal case where a company or person issued by another person for compensation to cover mental and physical damages. There are mainly five kinds of such injury cases, like:
1. Bodily Injury – The injury of the victim is due to the behavior of another person, company or property owner.
2. Injury to Reputation – It refers to the situation where the reputation of the plaintiff has suffered harm and it led to actual economic or physical damages. You can consult Personal Injury Lawyer in Bronx NY – Clark Law Group, Inc. for best legal services.
3. Product Liability – It refers to the injury due to the assembly or design of a product. This includes breach of warranty which is the seller's failure to fulfill the terms of a promise or making false claims about the product's type or quality.
4. Economic Injury – In some cases, personal injury is due to economic damages like the negligent behavior of a person can reduce the value of your property and this is considered to be an economic injury.
5. Intentional Injury – In this case, the injury is done on purpose and usually, battery and assault come under this classification.
The Requirement of a Personal Injury Lawyer
A personal injury lawyer can help you in filing a lawsuit depending on whether the injury is accidental, intentional or a result of a faulty product. Since the goal of both yours and the defendant's insurance companies is to make a profit, the help of an experienced lawyer is required. They will not only help you in building your case in a strong manner but will negotiate with the insurance company, on your behalf.